Health and Wellness Programs
Treating yourself right isn't a fad, it's a good habit. And it's a habit anyone can pick up. Let our Wellness programs improve the areas of your life that could use a boost.
A lifetime of good health starts with quality medical care throughout your life. Thanks to the Affordable Care Act (ACA), this care is now within the reach of all Americans. ACA requires health plans to eliminate cost sharing and cover preventive care services recommended by the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF), guidelines specifically issued for women and adopted by Health Resources & Services Administration (HRSA), the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices and the Bright Futures Guidelines of the Academy of Pediatrics.
The following recommendations are general guidelines for all ages and should not dictate the care you receive. Your doctor will let you know what tests and exams you may need based on your specific risk factors and overall health.
- Guidelines may change throughout the year based on new or revised laws and/or regulations and additional guidance.
- Services must be billed with a primary diagnosis of preventive, screening, counseling or wellness, if applicable, to qualify and other restrictions may apply.
- Your benefits plan may contain additional preventive care benefits, exclusions and limitations. Check your plan documents for a complete description of benefits, exclusions, limitations and condition of coverage.
- Grandfathered plans (a plan that hasn't changed since 2010) may have costs. See your plan documents to find your specific coverage and costs.
- Talk to your healthcare provider about a proper schedule of check-up visits.
Preventive care vs. diagnostic care
Comprehensive evaluation to prevent health problems; you do not have symptoms or other abnormal studies suggesting abnormalities
Medical care to treat or diagnose a problem, to monitor existing problems, or follow up on abnormal test results.
Get free assistance with chronic health and access to care.
Managing a health condition can be challenging. To make it a little easier, Baylor Scott & White Health offers employees and dependents of Baylor Scott and White Health Plan disease management services through the Baylor Scott & White Quality Alliance Comprehensive Care Management team.
As a part of your care team, a care manager can support you in managing your health, prescriptions, and your doctor's appointments. Care managers may communicate with your physician to help facilitate conversations about your health concerns.
A care manager may reach out to you if you've been identified as having a chronic health condition such as asthma, diabetes, COPD, or a variety of other conditions that benefit from focus care. You can contact your care manager at your convenience by calling the HealthAccess Center at 844.279.7589.
The HealthAccess Center can also help you find Tier 1 providers and schedule appointments.
Participation is voluntary. There is no additional cost to members for this program.
Complex Case Management
This program is for members who have chronic conditions or complex care needs. A nurse care manager will work with members, families, and the providers to create a plan to meet the member's ongoing complex care needs. Care managers advocate for members and assist them with setting goals and making a personal plan to improve their health as well as assist with arrangements for necessary services. Care managers answer questions and provide education to help members have a better understanding of their condition and plan of care.
The purpose of the program is to help members get the best possible results and the greatest value from their health plan. Participation is voluntary. There is no additional cost to members for this program.
For more information, please request a screening to see if Complex Case Management is the right program for you.
Healthy pregnancy information
We are pleased to offer a maternity program for expectant Baylor Scott & White Health Plan members. Focused on helping expectant mothers enjoy a healthy pregnancy journey, members can benefit from diverse program features for the duration of their pregnancy and after delivery.
All members automatically have maternity benefits. To learn more about your benefits:
- Log into the MyBSWHealth member portal to view your benefit information.
- Call the customer service number on the back of your ID card.
BSW Maternity Care Management
BSW Maternity Care Management members receive additional support to meet the member's ongoing complex care needs, including setting goals, making a personal plan to improve their health, provide education, helpful tips and assistance during pregnancy and after delivery. There is no additional cost to members for this program. Benefits include:
- Education and support during pregnancy and after delivery
- Coordinated care to promote healthy pregnancy and full-term birth
- In-home support for high-risk conditions (such as diabetes, high blood pressure and severe nausea)
- Screening for early identification of perinatal depression
- Newborn health education
- Breastfeeding best practices
To learn more about or sign up for Maternity Care Management, send an email to BSWMaternityCareManagement@BSWHealth.org or call the number on the back of your ID card.